I’m an amateur photographer with an interest in both digital and analog formats. As a teenager, I used to take photos with my dad but then disappeared into corporate life for many years before awakening from the coma. I rediscovered photography about two years ago, along with writing.
My equipment is basic:
- Nikon D40 DSLR – my original baby
- Sigma 18-200m f/3.5-6.3 DC OS lens
- Fujiyama macro lens
- tripod and some home-made gold and silver reflectors
- Diana F+ camera – a faithful recreation of the original 1960s “toy camera” – with assorted lenses.
- Smena 8m Soviet era camera
- Superheadz “Pink Dress” 22mm (Wide Angle Lens)My aim is to get more “plastic fantastic” cameras as I love the old film look these cameras can give, especially the Diana F+. Kicking myself that I didn’t buy the Hong Kong Meow edition when I was in Hong Kong recently.
- All my photos are All Rights Reserved, which in plain English simply means: you may not copy or reproduce my photos in any way without my permission.
- For those who want to know my name, it’s Kim Martins and I live in New Zealand.
“Usually there is a difference between photos and life. But in your case, there is a very rare fusion: poetic, melancholic, truthful, the essence of beauty, and, I’m sure, a part of your skin in each one“. Antonio127 (Flickr email)
“I was just browsing your stream and I have to say I am so incredibly amazed by your photos!” T.Renfrew